Today I went to Christine Revell (an orphanage) with Bobbi to work from 9 - noon. We took Ivan and Nimha to Stodel's Nursery to see the animals and play. It was fun to give them time away and some one on one since there are 9 babies in the room. Bobbi works in the 6 - 18 month room so they were little ones.
After "work" we went to Long Street and had lunch at Mexican Kitchen. It was yummy, not the mexican we are used to but it was good.
We then went to Table Mountain. You ride a cable car to the top. It is so unbelievably beautiful. The photos below are from the top of table mountain. We we took trails around the top and took lots of photos and video. The top photo is Bobbi & I with the Atlantic Ocean in the background. The second photo is the Cape Town side with Lion's Head (the taller one) and Signal Hill. The second photo is the peninsula side of the mountain.
The V & A Waterfront was our next stop for some Gellato! We met Amber and Corine for dinner at Cafe Europa. Bobbi & I split a delightful Pizza and then had more Gellato - yes, I had TWO gellato's in a day. Remember I am on vacation :)
There is a large shortage of Coca-Cola Light...aka Diet Coke here in CT so that's been troubling me. But I'm happy to report I bought a spare while at Table Mountain and have one in the fridge for morning so I should make it through another day.
I'm tuckered out and tomorrow is another big day but I wanted to get something up!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good to hear from you Mary! We miss you so much and Sal sends lots of hugs and kisses! It breaks my heart to think of the babies without Mommies to love them - go ahead and bring one home! Love you!
Post a Comment