Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A fruit fly in OUR Chardonay...




After our morning at SOS we stopped by the store and bought me a CASE of Coke light, no more stresses for me! I'm in full supply for the rest of my trip! We went to McDonald's for lunch - no kidding, same Mickey Dee's in South Africa as the States. We drove through in the interest of time to get to Groot Constantia, the oldest Winery in South Africa. We did a cellar tour and tasting - it was wonderful and so pretty! The funniest part of the tasting was when there were fruit flies in Bobbi & I's Chardonay...I guess it's not just a song...oh wait that's black flies - none the less we found it very entertaining! The photos are from Chapman's Peak looking back at Hout Bay. The views were breathtaking. I am truly in awe how beautiful this place is. I'm sure I've overused all the "pretty" words and "ahh" and "ohhhhh". It's just amazing.
Tonight we are heading out to see Bobbi's friend Emillio's band so it will be a late night, then tomorrow we head to Knysna so we'll be there until Friday so a brief break from blogging but I'll be back soon!

3 comments:

Angela said...

The photos are beautiful and the stories are pure Mary entertainment. Thanks so much for sharing. Angela

Jill said...

I didn't get to make my usual Tuesday call. Miss you, but looks like you're having a great time! Can't wait to see all the pictures and you.

Jill

Erin said...

I LOVE THESE PHOTOS!!! How beautiful are they! I can tell you are having the time of your life. Can't wait to see you when you get back! Erin