Ok, no Tigers or Bears but we did see lots of GREAT animals!! It was a cold and rainy day so the first safari that we were booked on didn't happen. We would not have seen anything. So what else do you do when it's raining but shop! By noon the rain had stopped and while it was still overcast we went to the Knysna Elephant Park. It's a reserve for elephants to live at and was wonderful! We got to feed the elephants, pet them and watch them roam around a bit. They are very interesting gals - we only saw females, the males are used for the rides and other "hard work" while the girls entertain the guests...just like humans huh?! :) We then went to Plettenberg Reserve for our safari. This was my favorite thing so far! Forget was our guide and he was hillarious!! He really made the venture fun and was relentless on waking up this baby rhino! He was going to feed me to the lions but then decided the lions don't like to eat Americans. I'm begging you please hold on was his most popular saying and with the morning rains the ride became and adventure too. I have seriously hundreds of photos from the safari but we are getting ready to head out so I'll do more later. Today is Saturday and we are doing the Cape Point Tour. Bobbi was checking out the basketball scores and said Drake in overtime so I guess Paul & I won't have to worry about rooting for opposite teams in the big dance after all :-P
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Lions, Tigers and Bears OH MY!
Ok, no Tigers or Bears but we did see lots of GREAT animals!! It was a cold and rainy day so the first safari that we were booked on didn't happen. We would not have seen anything. So what else do you do when it's raining but shop! By noon the rain had stopped and while it was still overcast we went to the Knysna Elephant Park. It's a reserve for elephants to live at and was wonderful! We got to feed the elephants, pet them and watch them roam around a bit. They are very interesting gals - we only saw females, the males are used for the rides and other "hard work" while the girls entertain the guests...just like humans huh?! :) We then went to Plettenberg Reserve for our safari. This was my favorite thing so far! Forget was our guide and he was hillarious!! He really made the venture fun and was relentless on waking up this baby rhino! He was going to feed me to the lions but then decided the lions don't like to eat Americans. I'm begging you please hold on was his most popular saying and with the morning rains the ride became and adventure too. I have seriously hundreds of photos from the safari but we are getting ready to head out so I'll do more later. Today is Saturday and we are doing the Cape Point Tour. Bobbi was checking out the basketball scores and said Drake in overtime so I guess Paul & I won't have to worry about rooting for opposite teams in the big dance after all :-P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment